Monday, October 8, 2007

blogger's block

I have a list of things I find interesting, but not sure they deserve their own blog.

1. Masstige. Today we talked about this in Brand Channels class. It's a strange and real and complex phenomenon. Over the summer I read a Euromonitor report on the Democratization of Luxury: the Masstige class. Then I was concerned about premium chocolates entering the mass level retailers. Today it came up when we were discussing salon-style shampoos being sold at Wal-Mart. What else falls prey? Vehicles? Does the oxy-moron "affordable luxury" communicate this trend? What premium categories are safe from democratization?

2. Gossip Girl.

3. Ok - I swear I had a list, but some how it seems like it dwindled down to just two topics and one is really to embarrassing to write about.

4. Experienced my favorite presentation thus far at the adcenter tonight: FreeFaithProject.org for igniting a conversation about religion. It was a tough topic - especially after Brand America - but this one proved to be the most insightful and interesting. And for once, I am actually grateful for an assignment . . . if it had not been for it, then I would have continued to ignore religion, or the lack thereof, in my life. I guess the same can be said about Brand America too - I was pretty much ignorant to all the abilities and actions individuals can take to save the environment.

KSR

No comments: